2011 to Current
Practicing as an independent Clinical Psychologist in London and Esher (Surrey)
2004 to 2010
Independent Clinical Psychologist, The Oakdale Practice, 16 Oakdale road, Newlands, South Africa, Cape Fertility Clinic, 209 Library Square, 1 Wilderness Road, 7708, Claremont, South Africa. (+27 21 6742088)
- Member of the Cape Fertility Clinic Ethics Committee, I was the principal psychologist (external) on the ethics committee for the Cape Fertility Clinic. This committee was set up in order to make ethical decisions around treatment, the particular focus was considering issues around surrogacy, egg donation, same sex parenting, treatment over the age of 50 and medical/psychological risk factors.
- Employee Assistance Program, Kuhne and Nagel incorporated (June 2004 to June 2005), together with an occupational health and safety nurse I set up the Employee Assistance program for a logistics company in South Africa. My role was to offer assessment and onward referral on a phone in basis.
- I also ran stress management programs for staff. This involved close liaison with Human Resources and the Occupational Health and Safety Nurse as well as consultation with Clinical Psychologists.
1995 – 2004
Senior Clinical Psychologist at South London and Maudsley Mental Health Trust (SLAM) Provision of Specialist assessment and therapy.
- Lead psychologist in Community Mental Health Team and liaison between team and Coordinated psychological treatment service.
- Neuropsychological Assessment.
- Developed and ran an anxiety group, depression group and PTSD group.
- Development of a consultation and supervision group for the complex needs and forensic team. These also included a teaching programme on CBT based models of working with anxiety, depression and psychosis.
- Worked as a CBT therapist on a large scale research project – CBT with psychosis.
1993 – 1995
Clinical Psychologist and Senior Lecturer, Stikland Psychiatric Hospital and Department of Psychiatry, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Psychotherapy for both inpatients and outpatients across all departments.
- Specialist work with personality disorders (inpatient therapeutic community and outpatients) and severe and enduring mental health difficulties.
- Provision of Group psychotherapy to the inpatient addictions program.
- Training of undergraduate medical students on rotation in the inpatient wards
- Development and presentation of a lecturing block to fifth year medical students on clinical interviewing techniques.
- Development and presentation of a series of seminars on behavioral medicine in Community Mental health to Registrars in Psychiatry